Potential Customer Privacy Notice
This notice applies to individuals who visit EDCON.us or otherwise interact with us as potential customers via our website, social media, events, phone, and email.
By accessing our website or otherwise providing your personal information to EDCON, you acknowledge that we will process your Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in accordance with this notice.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect PII in order to provide you with the products and/or services requested.
We, or our service providers on our behalf, collect PII and other information when you access and/or submit PII on our website or interact with us via phone, email, or in-person. You are not required to provide PII; however, in order to use certain services, we may need to collect certain PII for that service to function properly (e.g., provide you with a trial) or for us to provide you with requested information.
Depending on the service or transaction, the PII we collect includes the following categories:
- On our consumer website, we collect the following for registration/purchase:
- Your name
- Primary role (e.g.: director, principal, teacher, parent)
- School name
- Phone number
- Shipping address
- The number of teacher licenses
- If you choose to communicate with or receive communications from EDCON via phone, text, chat, email, or any other platform for technical support, customer service, or other assistance, those interactions may be recorded and monitored to deliver the service or information requested by you.
- Third Party Marketing Lists: EDCON also purchases and rents marketing lists from various providers including event management companies and education non-profits.
We automatically collect computer metadata and content to provide, improve, and maintain our products and services.
Third parties also collect information automatically from you across our website and over time through the use of their own cookies, web beacons, and tracking mechanisms. This information is used to enable the functions of the site, as well as customize, maintain, and improve our website. You may disable cookies via your browser or third-party mechanisms. However, some features of our services may not function properly without them. Third party cookies we use include Google Analytics.
You may change your web browser’s Internet preferences to disable or delete cookies, although that may affect certain functions on this site. To learn how to manage your cookies, please follow the instructions for your specific browser.
How do we use personal information?
We will use PII to provide the requested service or to process transactions such as information requests or curriculum trials in order to meet our obligations to you.
Except as described in this notice, we limit the use, collection, and disclosure of your PII to deliver the service or information requested by you. We do not collect, use, or disclose PII that is not reasonably related to the purposes described within this notice without prior notification. Your information may be combined in an aggregate and de-identified manner in order to maintain and/or improve our services.
Do we use personal information for marketing?
Where we are permitted by law to do so, we will send electronic marketing communications to you as a customer, depending on your location, however you always have the option to change your marketing preferences.
Depending on your location, where legally permissible, EDCON uses your PII to provide you with materials that we believe are of interest. This includes information from the platforms on which you choose to communicate with us including email EDCON.us, social media accounts, mobile devices, apps, text/chat functions, and your shopping cart.
EDCON shares your information with third parties to provide you with marketing from us, however we will not share your PII with third parties for them to market to you on their own behalf.
Please note, whatever preferences you select for marketing, you may still receive some transactional emails related to the services or products you purchase or use.
When do we share personal information?
We do not share your PII with any other organizations that may have a commerce interest.
We hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf and according to our instructions. We provide your PII to service providers that host our platform data in the cloud.
What rights do you have around your personal information?
You have the rights to access, export, be informed about, rectify, object to the further processing of, restrict the processing of, and withdraw consent to the processing of, and erase your PII.
- Access and rectification: We strive to ensure that information we have about you is accurate and current. You may obtain confirmation as to whether or not PII concerning you exists, regardless of whether PII has already been recorded, and to be communicated such information in a readily understandable form. If you want to review the PII you have provided to us, or believe that the information we have about you is inaccurate, you should make a request by following the instructions below.
- Choice & Objection to processing: With limited exceptions, you may choose to change how we use your PII at any time by contacting us. However, if the PII is required in order to provide you with the service or process a transaction, you may not be able to opt-out without canceling the transaction or service. You may object, in whole or in part, on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your PII, even where such processing is relevant to the purpose of the collection. In addition, you may choose whether to share information about yourself and the use of our sites with third parties such as social media sites. You can also choose whether to receive marketing messages from us (see your options in our “Do we use your PII for marketing?” section above) and you may object, in whole or in part, to such processing.
How do we protect personal information?
Our IT security team has established industry standard security measures to protect your PII from unauthorized access and use.
We recognize that no system is 100% secure, but we take steps to prevent and mitigate the impact of adverse events. EDCON takes reasonable precautions to protect your information. When you submit personal information via the website, your information is protected both online and off-line.
How long do we retain personal information?
We will retain your data for the minimum amount of time necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it was collected, to comply with our obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.